Saturday, July 31, 2010

Feeling accomplished but pretty sleepy....

Where to start, where to start....

Last night Seth and I had a date night again.  It is probably the last one in awhile.  It was a rare occurrence to have 3 in one month, not sure that has happened since before Sarah was born.  But it's been really nice.  It wasn't very exciting, but we went to dinner at Uno's then we went shopping.  I love shopping with Seth, we don't get a chance to really shop anymore with the girls.  It's usually not a fun experience for any of us. There are huge sales around this weekend.  We went to Kohls and bought a bunch of fall school clothes for Sarah.  We got some incredible deals there.  Kohls is one of my new favorite stores now.  Then we went to JCPenney's, they were having big sale too.  I picked up shorts for myself and then a pair of jean capris for each of the girls.  They were on clearance for $7.67, which I thought was pretty good, but when we got up to the checkout, they were only $1.67 each!!!!  I was so surprised and wish that we had more time there, but they were closing.  We then headed over to Target, I love Target.  We bought a bunch of stuff there too, including kites for the family reunion next weekend for $1.51 each.  I so love a bargain, I hate and try really hard not to buy things for full price ever anymore.  We were out shopping until 11:00!!  It was great!!  But I was sleepy when we got home. 

I set my alarm for 6:23am this morning.  I snoozed once and then got up.  I have a hard time getting up without snoozing at least once :)  It might drive Seth slightly crazy.  I got dressed and got in the car and headed over to Centennial Lake.  I was alittle nervous, I was worried to run by myself, but there were SO many people there.  It was a beautiful sunny morning and only 62 degrees, it was fabulous.  The run around the lake was a lot more hilly than the course I had been running.  But I think being on a new trail helped me to keep going because I wasn't sure what was going to happen next.  One thing that I found strange was that there were so many people there and I found that they were ruder, not really getting the stay to the right rule and letting runners going around walkers.  So that was kind of a drag a couple of times, but I tried not to let that discourage me.  I also wanted to soak in the beauty of the lake and trees.  There were a bunch of people fishing in the lake too, I wanted to take it all in and not just focus on my next footstep.  (Our new minister talked about that last week in his sermon, not missing the beauty around you because you are too focused on just what is right in front of you) 

I ran around the lake twice and I wasn't quite at 6 miles so I turned around and went back almost a mile and then double backed again and went a little further.  I figure I went like 2 1/3 way around the lake.   I was only scheduled to run 6 miles, but I was feeling good, it was such a cool, sunny morning and I was in such a beautiful setting that I decided to keep going.  So I ran 7.14 miles in an 1 hr 24 minutes.  That was 6 minutes faster and a tenth of a mile longer than last time.  I'm very proud of myself. 

When I got home, I got right in the shower and the girls got in their bathing suits because we were meeting friends at the pool.  I didn't even want to sit down because I was afraid I might lose my momentum.  We had such a lovely time at the pool today.  We spent most of our time in the "big" pool as opposed to the baby pool.  Sarah continues to amaze me with her swimming.  Emma is doing great too.  It was such a nice day!!  We were at the pool for just about 3 hours. 

When we got home, Seth offered to watch the girls so I could go grocery shopping by myself, a rare treat!!  I think I only bought one thing that wasn't on sale and I had coupons for most things.  It was almost gidy when I handed the cashier the coupons.  (I know I need to get out more).   My bargin shopping has carried over to my groceries now.  I think that's kind of funny :) 

But now as I sit here writing, I could literally fall asleep in a moment.  I'm very tired but I'm not really sore at all.  My blister has reappeared, I think because I picked at the calaus that had formed there.  So I need to figure out what to do with that. My confidence is building, although I worry about saying that because I irrationally fear that something bad will happen once I admit that to you and to myself.  Not sure what I'm afraid will happen, but just that unknown "something."  I know that I need to get over that. 

We need to eat dinner, give Emma a breathing treatment and then give the girls a tub.  They are really tired too, hopefully we can all go to sleep early tonight so we can wake up happy for church.  The girls have a little runny nose and Emma is coughing some, I hate that.   I hope that it doesn't develop into anything more.

I need to go help Seth with dinner, I've had a great day, I got alot done, I'm tired, but it's a really good kind of tired.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how fun is that, that Seth likes to shop
    And congrats onto run around the lake, it sounds like a great run...it's 6:30am, temp is 84, feels like 93 , humidity is 77%.., horrible for walking outside...
    Love reading your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete