Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A plan...

I ran 3.81 miles this morning in 46 minutes.  It was really hard to get up when the alarm went off this morning, I did snooze once, but then I had to tell myself that I would feel better after my run than I would if I didn't get up.  And I do feel better that I got up.  Although I was kind of discouraged this morning, thinking what have I gotten myself into by signing up for this 1/2 Marathon.  For the first time, I worried that I couldn't do it and felt pretty blue.  I find it harder to run in the humidity, even at 6:20 this morning, it was 71 degrees with 90% humidity.  I'm not very fast.  When I got home, Seth reassured me that I could do it and I felt better.  Of course it's been a rough 24 hours around here too.

We had a fantastic weekend.  Seth and I went to see the movie Inception and it was great, I'm still thinking about it.  I highly recommend it and then would love to talk about it :)  We skipped church on Sunday and went out to Frostburg to see Aunt Donna and Uncle JB.  It was a lovely day!  We spent most of the afternoon in their pool, it was great!  Aunt Donna made this fantastic lunch.  Emma didn't really eat her lunch and just snacked all afternoon.  Emma did really well in the pool and can really move in the water with her water wings on.  Sarah showed off her cool tricks and learned how to dive to the bottom of the pool to pick up coins that Uncle JB had dropped in there for her.  She continues to amaze me!!

We got home late, after 10:00.  We all fell asleep quickly.  Emma woke Seth up around 1:00 because she had to go potty, then she started to get sick.  I woke up instantly and went to help.  I thought that she had eaten to much junk food and that was why she had thrown up.  But then she continued to get sick, I realized she had a virus.  Seth was up with her most of the night, Sarah came and slept with me.  She continued getting sick until about 3:00 yesterday afternoon.  I held her for most of the day.  She is still like a rag doll, I'm trying to get her to drink but she doesn't seem all that interested.  Seth is going to bring home some Pediapops and saltines at lunch time.  She fell asleep around 8:30 this morning and just woke up around 10:00.  She is just lying on the couch now.  Sarah has been a champ too.  Seth brought in our portable DVD player and Sarah has been watching movies on that in the living room with us. 

Needless to say, it's been yucky around here.  I'm fairly certain that is why I was feeling so discouraged this morning.  Not much sleep and worried about Em.  So while Em was napping this morning I set up the 1/2 marathon training schedule on my Nike website/sensor/Ipod!!  It doesn't officially start until next Tuesday, but it's set up.  It has empowered me, looking at the schedule, I'm sure I can do it.  It has given me concrete workouts to help me get to October 16th.  I do know that I need to run more on hills and I need to work on my speed.  My plan is to join a gym when the girls start school so that I can work on weight training.  I also know that I need to work on my diet and think more about the food I eat and how it can help me achieve my goals.  So, I have a plan, which always makes me feel better. 

Quick update, since I have started writing this Emma has had a Popsicle and eaten some toast.  She said she was hungry and has perked up a little.  I'm taking that as a good sign. 

Also a quick update about my petunias, this year we have 2 colors, white and pink flowers.  We didn't have white flowers last year.  Wonder what that means? 

4 comments:

  1. The white and pink petunias mean that there is love all around you... And there's no doubt about doing this half marathon.. the point is exactly as you say.. getting through the difficult moments.. that's all they are..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't every runner think that and then they knock that block down and keep going... You are doing this for many reasons but the best one is because you canI remember Peters friend Gene said Pete asked him for 2reasons why he should run the New York City Marathon, Gene said the first reason "because it's there"
    Keep smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did my first 1/2 in May. I encourage you, and it sounds like you are doing great! It does sound like you put alot of pressure on yourself maybe take a little off and enjoy the process, it is one of the best accomplishments I have ever made, I am sure it will be for you as well. Run on girl, run!

    ReplyDelete