Monday, July 5, 2010

Sweat Gets in Your Eyes!

We are having a fabulous time in the Outer Banks.  We sailed down here until we got about 30 miles from our rental house.  Then traffic stopped and it took us like 2 1/2 hours to come the rest of the way!  It got a little frustrating at times, but we are SO glad to be here. 
We had a happy 4th!  We had great pool time, Sarah is already an amazing swimmer, and she hasn't had any lessons.  We need to get her signed up for some.  Emma is more timid, but she still was jumping in to the pool, into our arms.  Fireworks on the beach did not work out like we had planned but we could see them from our deck.  They were going off all around us.  The girls thought that it they were to loud and wanted to move inside.  We watched the fireworks on TV and they were much happier.  We have had a couple late nights since we have been here, I'm hoping we can get them to bed earlier tonight. 
Today has been such a fantastic day!  We all slept until 8 and then I went out for my run.  It was a harder run than usual for me.  My calf was sore, maybe still sore from my run on Friday.  So I was doing some power walking.  Great songs on my Ipod, and the breeze was invigorating!  I walked the first half and then I ran most of the second half.  I did 5 miles in 64 minutes, I was suprised when I got home, I thought it would take me longer, and in my head, I was already trying to not beat myself up, that walking is just as important and in the heat you need to give yourself a break.  It was really hot and my eyes were stinging from the sweat, I really need to get a headband of some sort.  So I was expecting to be disappointed, but I was pleasantly surprised. 
Only 12 more miles until I reach my goal of 56 miles by July 15th.  I know I can do that!!  Still loving my Nike Sensor. 
After a quick shower, we geared up and went over to the beach and it was so delightful.  The girls played nicely, went into the waves some and played in the sand.  I sat under my umbrella and just drank it all in, it was so lovely!!  Seth brought us sandwiches on the beach.  Then it was time to head back to the beach house.
We all washed the sand off and jumped into the pool.  My girls are getting so brave in the water, which is fantastic, but also a little nerve racking for me.  It has just been a glorious day!!!  I can't believe it's only Monday!!  Pictures will be coming later. 
I'm hoping we all get some good sleep tonight so that our great week can continue.  We talked about when we win Powerball or MegaMillions we are going to buy a house down here.  It's just so glorious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment