Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And so it begins, again....

I had a lovely birthday!  39 so far has been pretty good!  We went to church and heard our new minister, I really enjoyed the service.  It felt good to be back, we had missed 3 weeks.  It was nice to be there.  Then we went to Applebee's for lunch, which was nice.  Seth gave me the new Alison Weir book "Captive Queen: A Novel of Eleanor of Aquitaine," I'm very excited, I just need to finish Wolfe Hall and then I can get started on it.  After lunch we headed to Leesburg, VA to go shopping at the outlets there.  I wanted to hit the Coach outlet, kind of hoping for another birthday present from there :)  We went the back way to get there and we saw these black clouds in the distance.  They kept getting closer and closer.  We drove through a really bad storm; incredible rain, lots of lighting and thunder and very strong wind.  There were tree limbs down all over the place and Seth said I drove over some power lines, I didn't see them in the road. There were so many leaves and branches in the road.   At one point we came to a complete stop because there was a tree down in the road.  We were all safe though, Emma actually slept through it.  When we arrived at the outlets it was sprinkling, but no big storm and by the time we got really shopping the sun had come out.  Seth and Sarah got some shoes, we stopped at a couple other stores and then I headed over to the Coach outlet.  As I got closer to the store, I noticed there were several people standing in front of the store and there was a sign on the door "No air conditioning, closing at 4:30 today."  Of course I got to the store at 4:35, I was so bummed.  I felt a bit like a spoiled child, I wanted to throw a tantrum, but I held it in.  The girls weren't having the best time, they aren't big shoppers yet :). We hit a couple other stores and then headed back to the car.

Yesterday was such a lovely day!  We went to story time at the library and then we went to the pool.  It was such a nice day!  The girls played nicely with their friends and I got a chance to talk with my good friend Julie.  The weather was fantastic.  I couldn't have asked for a nicer day. 

My "official" 1/2 marathon training on my Nike sensor/Ipod/website started this morning, I was scheduled to run 4 miles. I got up and went for a great run.  It was 62 degrees outside and low humidity.  I used my new Halo sweatband, I folded it in half, it is to big for my forehead, but it worked great, no sweat in my eyes.  I just wish it was narrower.  I also was wearing my new sports bra, another great purchase!  It felt great to run in the cooler weather, I ran most of my run this morning (which sounds kind of silly, but with the heat, I had been doing some walking on my run).  With good music on my Ipod, I was doing really well.  I had run 2.94 miles in 34 minutes, I was on a roll.  Then I went to turn up the music on my Ipod and for some reason it locked up.  My workout session ended, I was so pissed.  I'm not sure what happened, but whatever.  I started another workout on my Ipod and I ran another 1.9 miles in 23 minutes.  So in total, I ran 4.8 miles in 57 minutes.  I was pretty pleased with myself.  Not the best time, but not the worst and certainly better than I have done in the past couple of runs in the heat.  I felt great after I finished.  I was worried that it wouldn't "count" on the Nike website, but it did, so all is good. 
So as I'm starting being 39, I'm beginning my "official" 12 week training program.  So far it's going well.  I'm scheduled for another 4 mile run on Thursday and then a 6 mile run on Saturday, and so it goes on. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh well, who needs to shop with a zillion people in no air. Conditioning anyway