Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just trying to catch up...

It's been a busy week since I posted last, not sure exactly where to start.  I ran 7.21 miles in an hour and 27 minutes on Friday morning because I knew I wouldn't be able to run on Saturday in Shenandoah.  It was a really good run.  Mile 2 is typically hard for me though.  I ran the first mile and then my calves really started bothering me.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to go very far.  So I walked for awhile and then they felt better so I was able to run.  I do stretch them before I start, but I wonder if my muscles rebel against me since they just got out of bed :)  Once I got to mile 3, I got into a great pace and I just kept going, I was running on pretty straight, level streets, not many hills.   It was great though!!  By the time I got to 6 miles though I was ready to be done, but I kept going!  I got to 7.21 miles, I was thrilled with myself.  When I got home, I got right in the shower and packed up, got the girls in the car and headed to Shenandoah National Park! 

We had such a fantastic time in Shenandoah!!  It was so great to see everyone and catch up.  It was great to see our kids all play together!  It was like they play together all the time!  I think we got all the camping requirements in too; we made s'mores; we saw deer and a BEAR (we were in our car when we saw it, but it was very close to the road, we saw it before the Ranger got there!!!!!); we flew kites; we went on a 4 mile hike; we got really dirty; Sarah fell into a pool at a waterfall,got totally soaked, but kept going anyway; we had a campfire; eating to much; staying up way to late; getting really tired, but having a marvelous time anyway.  I have such an amazing family, I'm very blessed.  It was so great being with them!!  I miss them already!!  I'm really not doing the weekend justice here, but if I went into every detail, you would be reading forever.  But just know that it was a phenomenal weekend in a great place with wonderful people doing really cool things!! 

We got home around 8:30 on Sunday night, we all just went right to bed.  Monday was a laundry and cleaning up day!  We patiently awaited the arrival of Sarah, Courtney and Hannah who were coming to spend the night here.  My girls were so thrilled when they arrived.  We made a decision to head down to DC to see the Air and Space Museum because it was supposed to be even hotter on Tuesday and Seth could go with us.  So we all got into the car and headed to the Metro Station.  I think that some of the museum was over their heads, but they didn't seem to mind.  They all had a great time there!  They loved seeing the spacecrafts and the planets.  They loved pushing buttons even if they had no idea what it might do!  I asked Courtney what her favorite part of the museum was and she said the gift shop!  I had to agree with her :)  I would love another SpacePen, but I held off and will get another one someday :)  I love going into DC, I would love to go down more often.  Got home late, our power went out for awhile, so it was almost 11:00 before the girls went to bed.  YIKES!

I set my alarm for 5:45 for Tuesday morning, but I just could not get up for my run.  I was so angry with myself, but I couldn't do it.  I did get up at 8:00, which was before everyone but Seth who had to go into work.  It was nice to get a little quiet time.  I had an hour to myself before everyone got up.  When everyone was up, I asked Auntie Sarah if she would watch the girls so I could go out for a run.  I was a little worried since it was already 83 degrees out, but I wanted to try!  So I headed out, man it was hot out.  I did get in 4.1 miles, that is what was on my training schedule, so I was happy, but so sweaty and hot!  I didn't seem to have the problem at mile 2 this time, not sure why.  Maybe because I didn't shock my muscles awake, I had for them to wake up some before I headed out.  I definitely enjoy running better when it's cooler!!  But I did it and was happy I got the run in. 

We spent the afternoon at the pool, which was very fun!  It was an afternoon of the girls showing off all their tricks and I think a bit of one upping each other, but it was still very fun!!!  After the pool, Peter came to pick up the Himes and headed to Jeneva's for dinner.  We headed down shortly after they left.  We had a lovely dinner at Jeneva's.  Again, it was so fantastic to see all the kids play together so nicely!!  It warmed my heart!!  But then it was time to say good bye and it was very sad.  My girls cried and cried and then it started to rain, which just made it sadder.  My girls cried a good part of the way home.  We told them they could write to Courtney and Hannah and we could call them.  That seemed to make them feel better!  It was another late night, they are SO tired! 

This morning, my girls and I slept until 9:00!  I haven't done that in a really long time.  We are having a quiet day, they are playing dressup in the basement while I'm uploading photos and writing this blog.  My house is a wreck, I have more laundry to do and I need to unload the dishwasher and reload it.  I still have baskets of laundry that are folded but need to put the clothes away.  I still haven't showered either, but it all seems OK.  I'm still basking in the glow of the extended weekend!  It was so fabulous!  Once I hit publish though I need to get moving and get back into our routine.  We might go to the pool later since it might rain tomorrow afternoon.  I'm scheduled for a 5 mile run in the morning and then another 7 mile run on Saturday.  We will get into some type of a routine around here just in time for school to start and then we need to start a new one.  I can't think about that right now though, right now I'm just trying to catch up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment